Yo! Hit us up!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pots Saga

When we finally got the pot liners for the centerpieces they were too big and we couldn't figure out how to attach the bamboo to them to make the pots strong enough. That took a whole day to figure out!

Then Andy found some cheap terracota pots at Ikea that we could just paint gold. He called and the Brooklyn store had enough for us to get 10 12"pots with saucers. I drove up to the Brooklyn Ikea and found the pots, which I thought were too big also, but I bought them and lugged them home. I just wanted to get this project done with.

Of course, the next day Mom and Andy both tell me the pots are too big for centerpieces, which I agreed. Although we have decided to grow Bamboo in those for around the reception room, mostly because I refuse to have to lug them all back to Brooklyn!

Then Mom found the right size terracotta pots at Walmart, but all of there stores had a few of each. So the next day I spent driving to 4 different Walmarts in Monmouth & Ocean Counties piecing together all the pots and saucers I needed.

The best part of the story though is that Andy & Warren got together this past weekend and the plants are officially potted!!!! I love a Happy Ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment